HAMPSHIRE RUGBY

PRINCIPAL SPONSORS

Solent Sharks Wheelchair Rugby

Please see below an invitation from Solent Sharks Wheelchair Rugby inviting your club/company to take part in a fun wheel chair rugby event to be held on Saturday, 24 March 2018 at Places Leisure Eastleigh from 10am to 4pm.

To take part or request further information please contact: Peter Hull E-mail:  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Mobile: 07468 475962

The Aim  For a few local (Rugby Union) clubs to put together a squad (can be mixed male / female, ages etc.) to compete, in chairs, in a round-robin mini-tournament. Team Solent Sharks players, coaches and support staff will be on hand on the day to give some familiarisation / tuition on how to play wheelchair rugby including providing chairs etc. (The only thing that the players would need to bring along  is their own gloves – gardening type gloves will be fine).

Wheelchair Rugby is played, indoors, on a basketball court. Squads can be of any size up to 12 players (although for this event I’d suggest squads of 6) with only 4 players from each squad on court at any one time. Depending on the number of clubs who enter (looking, hopefully, at 4 or 6 Hampshire clubs) we’ll look to run either 2 pools of 3 or one of 4 where each plays the other with the team finishing top playing, hopefully, in a “showpiece” finale against a Team Solent Sharks squad.

Outcome  Solent Sharks are looking to raise awareness of Wheelchair Rugby as well as perhaps recruit players / volunteers by showcasing the sport. As an additional target, we’d also like to raise funds for the club (it’s not a cheap sport to run or compete in!) so there may be some additional fund-raising initiatives running on the day (ie collection buckets, cake sales etc.). If any clubs would like to come up with their own initiatives (sponsorship of players, fines, pay for a squad place etc.) we’d be very happy to hear from them and for any funds raised.

Positive Team Building Experience:  I was very fortunate to have a playing experience against the Sharks with my Area 2 Development Team Colleagues.  We had a wonderful time. The games were challenging, engaging and we had a few ‘bumps’ on the way!

For further information please see below letter from Peter Hull

From: Peter Hull MBE [This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Subject: Wheelchair Rugby Festival

Dear Club Member,

Team Solent Sharks are pleased to invite your Company/Club to participate in a Wheelchair Rugby Festival in order to promote and raise awareness, as well as recruiting new players and volunteers for this fast growing, exciting sport.

The date of the Festival is Saturday, 24 March 2018 and will be held at Places Leisure Eastleigh from 10am to 4pm.

We are asking Companies/Clubs to enter a team of 4-6 players (wheelchairs will be provided) to take part in a round robin tournament.  Each team will include 1-2 Team Solent Sharks players.  Family and Friends will be most welcome to come along and support.

Entries will be on a first come first served basis, so we would be grateful if you could let us know by Friday 2 February 2018 if you are interested in taking part.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Peter Hull

Mobile: 07468 475962

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site

EU Cookie Directive Plugin Information