LONDON IRISH DPP
BRONZE GROUP - Click here for details
Our Positive and Passionate coaches inspire, empower and ultimately develop the individual within an enjoyable but challenging environment. This allows the player to become more knowledgable and confident in their skill set, leading to both the individual and the team fulfilling their potential.
Built on a foundation of a Relentless work ethic, players scan and communicate to make both optimal individual and team decisions. In attack this results in using and creating space or identifying mismatches. In defence, the means taking away time and space of the opposition, whilst being Disciplined
ABOUT THE LONDON IRISH ACADEMY PROGRAMME
The London Irish Academy, RFU licensed since 2001, is the cornerstone of our development programme and success at London Irish.
The role of the London Irish Academy is to identify and develop talented young athletes from age 13 to 23 and engage them in a High Performance development programme. Players join the academy through a variety of routes and are assisted in their rugby development to attain their ultimate goal - joining the first team squad. This is underpinned by Education from a variety of partners, thus providing the necessary structure for each player to reach their full potential.
We provide our young players with an environment in which they can grow, express themselves both personally and professionally and realize their dream of becoming professional rugby players. With graduates such as Topsy Ojo, Alex Corbisiero, Nick Kennedy, Tom Homer and Guy Armitage our record is second to none.
- To identify, recruit ad develop, from all sources, the most talented young players and bring them through the Academy into the 1st XV squad.
- To adopt a comprehensive recruitment policy in Berkshire, Hampshire and the Middlesex area.
- To provide top class coaching by qualified staff to give each Academy player the best opportunity to succeed.
- To provide the most appropriate individual player development, mentoring and support programs.
- To provide the most appropriate competitive program for each player and to constantly review performance in training and matches.
- To provide the best possible facilities for our players to succeed.
- To provide the opportunity for Academy players to continue in Further or higher Education.
- To build good working relationships with schools, Clubs, Colleges and Universities.
- To teach responsibility, discipline and respect for themselves and the game.
- To set high standards for integrity, honesty and performance
London Irish U13, U14, U15 DPP Assessment
Current U12 /U13 and U14 managers and coaches:-
Please see the information below regarding the Assesment for the London Irish DPP programme for the 2017/18 season.
We are looking for you to nominate your three best players and one player who you believe to have the most potential. Please remember that not all Schools or Clubs will have players of this standard, whereas others will have slightly larger numbers to nominate.
The more accurate you are with your nominations, the more accurate we can be with our talent identification.
Please see the link below allowing your nominated players to register for the London Irish U13, U14 and U15 DPP
Assessment evening in preparation for the 2017/18 Season. (Current U12, U13, U14 players)
Schools note, if a player is being nominate by their club, please do not also nominate them.
The Assessment Dates:
U13 – Tuesday 9th May.
U14 – Wednesday 10th May
U15 – Thursday 11th May
Time: 6.00pm Registration, 6.30pm Start
Venue: HMS Temeraire 3G Pitch - PO1 2EJ
The rugby session will consist of a variety of skills and conditioned games.
Note: This is the only route in to the London Irish DPP programme.
The Hampshire Elite Player Training (HEPT - old DPP) is a separate programme run by Hampshire RFU.
Players will be able to select their training venue after the assessment evening.
We have two Venues accessible for players located in Hampshire.
- Applemore College, Southampton, SO45 4RQ
- London Irish, Hazelwood, TW16 6QU
Once registered, players will receive more information before the Assessment.
Patrick O'Grady| Academy Manager