Mark Castle (Club Development Chair)
The role of Club Development is to idenitfy and deliver activites and projects that provide improvements to the local rugby environment. The areas that we operate in are:-
• Club Facilities - We aim to help improve your Club Facilities so that you can offer the best possible environment in your Rugby Club.
• Coaching - We aim to deliver Coaching programmes and activities throughout the season to assist Club and County Coaches to achieve the level to which they aspire.
• Volunteers - We will deliver a Club Volunteer Recognition programme that identifies and rewards individuals from Clubs. These awards are 'Unsung Hero', 'Administrator of the Year', Young Volunteer' and 'Coach of the Year'. We will also deliver a County recognition programme. Finally we aim to identify new volunteers for our County alongside providing support to our Clubs in running Volunteer recruitmet programmes.
• Youth Rugby - Deliver and Manage a Youth programme in Hampshire to RFU guidelines
• Women & Girls – We aim to encourageand support Clubs in providing a rugby environment for Women & Girls
• Provide an interface and support for the Referees Society
• Provide an interface and support for the Hampshire Schools Union
• Provide an interface for the Hampshire Sports Partnership
• Provide an interface for the Hampshire Playing Fields Assoication.
We operate alongside the RFU RDO's (Rugby Development Officers) and their CRC's (Community Rugby Coaches) to deliver a service for each and every Member Club in Hampshire.
We are all Volunteers who have skills in one or more of the categories in the above list and we will provide help as and when it is needed.
We have excellent links into the RFU and between us we can usually assist our Clubs to resolve any problems that arise.
Comunications with our Clubs is vital and regular attendance at the Club Cluster Group Meetings is recommended.
Do not be afraid to ask.
The earlier you contact us the sooner we can decide what help and support we can offer.